- A score in baseball made by a runner touching all four bases safely.
- usage: "the Yankees scored 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th"; "their first tally came in the 3rd inning"
- synonyms: run
- A bill for an amount due.
- synonyms: reckoning
- The act of counting; reciting numbers in ascending order.
- usage: "the counting continued for several hours"
- Be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics.
- usage: "The two stories don't agree in many details"; "The handwriting checks with the signature on the check"; "The suspect's fingerprints don't match those on the gun"
- Gain points in a game.
- usage: "The home team scored many times"; "He hit a home run"; "He hit. 300 in the past season"
- Keep score, as in games.
- synonyms: chalk up
- Determine the sum of.
- usage: "Add all the people in this town to those of the neighboring town"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). tally. Retrieved May 26, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/tally/definitions/1314992|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "tally" http://smartdefine.org/tally/definitions/1314992 (accessed May 26, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, tally, Smart Define, viewed 26 May, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/tally/definitions/1314992>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "tally" 23 October 2010. Web. 26 May 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/tally/definitions/1314992>|