- An instance of deliberate thinking.
- usage: "I need to give it a good think"
- Judge or regard; look upon; judge.
- usage: "I think he is very smart"; "I believe her to be very smart"; "I think that he is her boyfriend"; "The racist conceives such people to be inferior"
- Expect, believe, or suppose.
- usage: "I imagine she earned a lot of money with her new novel"; "I thought to find her in a bad state"; "he didn't think to find her in the kitchen"; "I guess she is angry at me for standing her up"
- Use or exercise the mind or one's power of reason in order to make inferences, decisions, or arrive at a solution or judgments.
- usage: "I've been thinking all day and getting nowhere"
- Recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection.
- usage: "I can't remember saying any such thing"; "I can't think what her last name was"; "can you remember her phone number"; "Do you remember that he once loved you"; "call up memories"
- Imagine or visualize.
- usage: "Just think-you could be rich one day"; "Think what a scene it must have been"
- Focus one's attention on a certain state.
- usage: "Think big"; "think thin"
- Have in mind as a purpose.
- usage: "I mean no harm"; "I only meant to help you"; "She didn't think to harm me"; "We thought to return early that night"
- Decide by pondering, reasoning, or reflecting.
- usage: "Can you think what to do next"
- Ponder; reflect on, or reason about.
- usage: "Think the matter through"; "Think how hard life in Russia must be these days"
- Dispose the mind in a certain way.
- usage: "Do you really think so"
- Have or formulate in the mind.
- usage: "think good thoughts"
- Be capable of conscious thought.
- usage: "Man is the only creature that thinks"
- Bring into a given condition by mental preoccupation.
- usage: "She thought herself into a state of panic over the final exam"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). think. Retrieved September 26, 2017, from http://smartdefine.org/think/definitions/1214215|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "think" http://smartdefine.org/think/definitions/1214215 (accessed September 26, 2017).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, think, Smart Define, viewed 26 September, 2017, <http://smartdefine.org/think/definitions/1214215>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "think" 23 October 2010. Web. 26 September 2017. <http://smartdefine.org/think/definitions/1214215>|