- (n.) valve (a structure in a hollow organ (like the heart) with a flap to insure one-way flow of fluid through it)
- (n.) valve (device in a brass wind instrument for varying the length of the air column to alter the pitch of a tone)
- (n.) valve (control consisting of a mechanical device for controlling the flow of a fluid)
- (n.) valve (the entire one-piece shell of a snail and certain other molluscs)
- (n.) valve (one of the paired hinged shells of certain molluscs and of brachiopods).
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
|APA||WordNet. (2010). valve. Retrieved May 26, 2013, from http://smartdefine.org/valve/definitions/1209384|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "valve" http://smartdefine.org/valve/definitions/1209384 (accessed May 26, 2013).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, valve, Smart Define, viewed 26 May, 2013, <http://smartdefine.org/valve/definitions/1209384>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "valve" 23 October 2010. Web. 26 May 2013. <http://smartdefine.org/valve/definitions/1209384>|