- Everything that exists anywhere.
- usage: "they study the evolution of the universe"; "the biggest tree in existence"
- People in general; especially a distinctive group of people with some shared interest.
- usage: "the Western world"
- synonyms: domain
- All of your experiences that determine how things appear to you.
- usage: "his world was shattered"; "we live in different worlds"; "for them demons were as much a part of reality as trees were"
- synonyms: reality
- The 3rd planet from the sun; the planet we live on.
- usage: "the Earth moves around the sun"; "he sailed around the world"
- People in general considered as a whole.
- usage: "he is a hero in the eyes of the public"
- A part of the earth that can be considered separately.
- usage: "the outdoor world"; "the world of insects"
- The concerns of this life as distinguished from heaven and the afterlife.
- usage: "they consider the church to be independent of the world"
- All of the living human inhabitants of the earth.
- usage: "all the world loves a lover"; "she always used `humankind' because `mankind' seemed to slight the women"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). world. Retrieved May 23, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/world/definitions/1188430|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "world" http://smartdefine.org/world/definitions/1188430 (accessed May 23, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, world, Smart Define, viewed 23 May, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/world/definitions/1188430>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "world" 23 October 2010. Web. 23 May 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/world/definitions/1188430>|