- Produce a literary work.
- usage: "She composed a poem"; "He wrote four novels"
- Communicate or express by writing.
- usage: "Please write to me every week"
- Have (one's written work) issued for publication.
- usage: "How many books did Georges Simenon write"; "She published 25 books during her long career"
- synonyms: publish
- Communicate (with) in writing.
- usage: "Write her soon, please"
- synonyms: drop a line
- Communicate by letter.
- usage: "He wrote that he would be coming soon"
- Write music.
- usage: "Beethoven composed nine symphonies"
- synonyms: compose
- Mark or trace on a surface.
- usage: "The artist wrote Chinese characters on a big piece of white paper"; "Russian is written with the Cyrillic alphabet"
- Record data on a computer.
- usage: "boot-up instructions are written on the hard disk"
- synonyms: save
- Write or name the letters that comprise the conventionally accepted form of (a word or part of a word. )
- usage: "He spelled the word wrong in this letter"
- synonyms: spell
- Create code, write a computer program.
- usage: "She writes code faster than anybody else"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). write. Retrieved October 19, 2017, from http://smartdefine.org/write/definitions/1321461|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "write" http://smartdefine.org/write/definitions/1321461 (accessed October 19, 2017).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, write, Smart Define, viewed 19 October, 2017, <http://smartdefine.org/write/definitions/1321461>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "write" 23 October 2010. Web. 19 October 2017. <http://smartdefine.org/write/definitions/1321461>|