- Yellow color or pigment; the chromatic color resembling the hue of sunflowers or ripe lemons.
- synonyms: yellowness
- Turn yellow.
- usage: "The pages of the book began to yellow"
- Of the color intermediate between green and orange in the color spectrum; of something resembling the color of an egg yolk.
- Easily frightened.
- Changed to a yellowish color by age.
- usage: "yellowed parchment"
- synonyms: yellowed
- Typical of tabloids.
- usage: "sensational journalistic reportage of the scandal"; "yellow press"
- Cowardly or treacherous.
- usage: "the little yellow stain of treason-M. W. Straight; "too yellow to stand and fight"
- Affected by jaundice which causes yellowing of skin etc.
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). yellow. Retrieved May 23, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/yellow/definitions/1188569|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "yellow" http://smartdefine.org/yellow/definitions/1188569 (accessed May 23, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, yellow, Smart Define, viewed 23 May, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/yellow/definitions/1188569>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "yellow" 23 October 2010. Web. 23 May 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/yellow/definitions/1188569>|