- Computer science. ( the code that identifies where a piece of information is stored)
- The place where a person or organization can be found or communicated with.
- The act of delivering a formal spoken communication to an audience.
- usage: "he listened to an address on minor Roman poets"
- synonyms: speech
- The manner of speaking to another individual.
- usage: "he failed in his manner of address to the captain"
- A sign in front of a house or business carrying the conventional form by which its location is described.
- Written directions for finding some location; written on letters or packages that are to be delivered to that location.
- The stance assumed by a golfer in preparation for hitting a golf ball.
- Social skill.
- synonyms: savoir-faire
- Speak to.
- usage: "He addressed the crowd outside the window"
- synonyms: turn to
- Give a speech to.
- usage: "The chairman addressed the board of trustees"
- synonyms: speak
- Put an address on (an envelope.
- synonyms: direct
- Direct a question at someone.
- Address or apply oneself to something, direct one's efforts towards something, such as a question.
- Greet, as with a prescribed form, title, or name.
- usage: "He always addresses me with `Sir'"; "Call me Mister"; "She calls him by first name"
- synonyms: call
- Access or locate by address.
- Act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression.
- usage: "This book deals with incest"; "The course covered all of Western Civilization"; "The new book treats the history of China"
- Speak to someone.
- Adjust and aim (a golf ball) at in preparation of hitting. .
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). address. Retrieved March 26, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/address/definitions/1211553|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "address" http://smartdefine.org/address/definitions/1211553 (accessed March 26, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, address, Smart Define, viewed 26 March, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/address/definitions/1211553>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "address" 23 October 2010. Web. 26 March 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/address/definitions/1211553>|