- Give an assignment to (a person) to a post, or assign a task to (a person.
- Give out.
- usage: "We were assigned new uniforms"
- Attribute or credit to.
- usage: "We attributed this quotation to Shakespeare"; "People impute great cleverness to cats"
- Select something or someone for a specific purpose.
- usage: "The teacher assigned him to lead his classmates in the exercise"
- Attribute or give.
- usage: "She put too much emphasis on her the last statement"; "He put all his efforts into this job"; "The teacher put an interesting twist to the interpretation of the story"
- synonyms: put
- Make undue claims to having.
- synonyms: arrogate
- Transfer one's right to.
- Decide as to where something belongs in a scheme.
- usage: "The biologist assigned the mushroom to the proper class"
- synonyms: attribute
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). assign. Retrieved April 20, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/assign/definitions/1258068|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "assign" http://smartdefine.org/assign/definitions/1258068 (accessed April 20, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, assign, Smart Define, viewed 20 April, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/assign/definitions/1258068>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "assign" 23 October 2010. Web. 20 April 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/assign/definitions/1258068>|