- A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
- usage: "the baby began to cry again"; "she held the baby in her arms"; "it sounds simple, but when you have your own baby it is all so different"
- The youngest member of a group (not necessarily young. )
- usage: "the baby of the family"; "the baby of the Supreme Court"
- An immature childish person.
- usage: "he remained a child in practical matters as long as he lived"; "stop being a baby"
- synonyms: child
- An unborn child; a human fetus.
- usage: "I felt healthy and very feminine carrying the baby"; "it was great to feel my baby moving about inside"
- Slang) sometimes used as a term of address for attractive young women.
- A very young mammal.
- usage: "baby rabbits"
- A project of personal concern to someone.
- usage: "this project is his baby"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). baby. Retrieved August 20, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/baby/definitions/1192121|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "baby" http://smartdefine.org/baby/definitions/1192121 (accessed August 20, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, baby, Smart Define, viewed 20 August, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/baby/definitions/1192121>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "baby" 23 October 2010. Web. 20 August 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/baby/definitions/1192121>|