- Tall coarse perennial American herb having small white flowers followed by blackish-red berries on long drooping racemes; young fleshy stems are edible; berries and root are poisonous.
- Someone who takes more time than necessary; someone who lags behind.
- A bag made of paper or plastic for holding customer's purchases.
- A sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow. )
- usage: "he warned me with a jab with his finger"; "he made a thrusting motion with his fist"
- Boxing) a blow with the fist. (
- usage: "I gave him a clout on his nose"
- Poke or thrust abruptly.
- usage: "he jabbed his finger into her ribs"
- Search or inquire in a meddlesome way.
- usage: "This guy is always nosing around the office"
- Stir by poking.
- usage: "poke the embers in the fireplace"
- Hit hard with the hand, fist, or some heavy instrument.
- usage: "the salesman pounded the door knocker"; "a bible-thumping Southern Baptist"
- Make a hole by poking. .
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). poke. Retrieved February 23, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/poke/definitions/1236998|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "poke" http://smartdefine.org/poke/definitions/1236998 (accessed February 23, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, poke, Smart Define, viewed 23 February, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/poke/definitions/1236998>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "poke" 23 October 2010. Web. 23 February 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/poke/definitions/1236998>|