- Any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse.
- Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
- A person who is deemed to be despicable or contemptible.
- usage: "only a rotter would do that"; "kill the rat"; "throw the bum out"; "you cowardly little pukes"; "the British call a contemptible person a `git'"
- One who reveals confidential information in return for money.
- A pad (usually made of hair) worn as part of a woman's coiffure.
- Desert one's party or group of friends, for example, for one's personal advantage.
- Employ scabs or strike breakers in.
- Take the place of work of someone on strike.
- Give (hair) the appearance of being fuller by using a rat.
- Catch rats, especially with dogs.
- Give away information about somebody.
- usage: "He told on his classmate who had cheated on the exam"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). rat. Retrieved February 22, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/rat/definitions/1199276|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "rat" http://smartdefine.org/rat/definitions/1199276 (accessed February 22, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, rat, Smart Define, viewed 22 February, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/rat/definitions/1199276>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "rat" 23 October 2010. Web. 22 February 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/rat/definitions/1199276>|