- A person whose case has been referred to a specialist or professional group.
- usage: "the patient is a referral from Dr. Bones"
- A recommendation to consult the (professional) person or group to whom one has been referred.
- usage: "the insurance company says that you need a written referral from your physician before seeing a specialist"
- The act of referring (as forwarding an applicant for employment or referring a matter to an appropriate agency. ).
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). referral. Retrieved March 21, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/referral/definitions/1189090|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "referral" http://smartdefine.org/referral/definitions/1189090 (accessed March 21, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, referral, Smart Define, viewed 21 March, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/referral/definitions/1189090>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "referral" 23 October 2010. Web. 21 March 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/referral/definitions/1189090>|