- The distinctive form in which a thing is made.
- usage: "pottery of this cast was found throughout the region"
- A type or class.
- usage: "more men of his stamp are needed"
- A symbol that is the result of printing or engraving.
- usage: "he put his stamp on the envelope"
- synonyms: impression
- A small adhesive token stuck on a letter or package to indicate that that postal fees have been paid.
- Something that can be used as an official medium of payment.
- A small piece of adhesive paper that is put on an object to show that a government tax has been paid.
- synonyms: revenue stamp
- Machine consisting of a heavy bar that moves vertically for pounding or crushing ores.
- synonyms: pestle
- A block or die used to imprint a mark or design.
- A device incised to make an impression; used to secure a closing or to authenticate documents.
- synonyms: seal
- Walk heavily.
- usage: "The men stomped through the snow in their heavy boots"
- To mark, or produce an imprint in or on something.
- usage: "a man whose name is permanently stamped on our maps"
- Reveal clearly as having a certain character.
- usage: "His playing stamps him as a Romantic"
- Affix a stamp to.
- usage: "Are the letters properly stamped"
- Treat or classify according to a mental stereotype.
- usage: "I was stereotyped as a lazy Southern European"
- Destroy or extinguish as if by stamping with the foot.
- usage: "Stamp fascism into submission"; "stamp out tyranny"
- Form or cut out with a mold, form, or die.
- usage: "stamp needles"
- Crush or grind with a heavy instrument.
- usage: "stamp fruit extract the juice"
- Raise in a relief.
- usage: "embossed stationery"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). stamp. Retrieved May 27, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/stamp/definitions/1208392|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "stamp" http://smartdefine.org/stamp/definitions/1208392 (accessed May 27, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, stamp, Smart Define, viewed 27 May, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/stamp/definitions/1208392>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "stamp" 23 October 2010. Web. 27 May 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/stamp/definitions/1208392>|