- A device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned.
- Drain consisting of a U-shaped section of drainpipe that holds liquid and so prevents a return flow of sewer gas.
- Something (often something deceptively attractive) that catches you unawares.
- usage: "the exam was full of trap questions"; "it was all a snare and delusion"
- synonyms: snare
- A device to hurl clay pigeons into the air for trapshooters.
- The act of concealing yourself and lying in wait to attack by surprise.
- Informal terms for the mouth.
- A light two-wheeled carriage.
- A hazard on a golf course.
- Place in a confining or embarrassing position.
- usage: "He was trapped in a difficult situation"
- synonyms: pin down
- Catch in or as if in a trap.
- usage: "The men trap foxes"
- Hold or catch as if in a trap.
- usage: "The gaps between the teeth trap food particles"
- To hold fast or prevent from moving.
- usage: "The child was pinned under the fallen tree"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). trap. Retrieved September 24, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/trap/definitions/1209188|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "trap" http://smartdefine.org/trap/definitions/1209188 (accessed September 24, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, trap, Smart Define, viewed 24 September, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/trap/definitions/1209188>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "trap" 23 October 2010. Web. 24 September 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/trap/definitions/1209188>|