- Ideas or actions intended to deal with a problem or situation.
- usage: "his approach to every problem is to draw up a list of pros and cons"; "an attack on inflation"; "his plan of attack was misguided"
- The act of drawing spatially closer to something.
- usage: "the hunter's approach scattered the geese"
- A way of entering or leaving.
- usage: "he took a wrong turn on the access to the bridge"
- synonyms: access
- The final path followed by an aircraft as it is landing.
- The event of one object coming closer to another.
- synonyms: approaching
- A tentative suggestion designed to elicit the reactions of others.
- usage: "she rejected his advances"
- The temporal property of becoming nearer in time.
- usage: "the approach of winter"
- A close approximation.
- usage: "the nearest approach to genius"
- A relatively short golf shot intended to put the ball onto the putting green.
- usage: "he lost the hole when his approach rolled over the green"
- synonyms: approach shot
- Move towards.
- usage: "We were approaching our destination"; "They are drawing near"; "The enemy army came nearer and nearer"
- Come near or verge on, resemble, come nearer in quality, or character.
- usage: "This borders on discrimination"; "His playing approaches that of Horowitz"
- synonyms: border on
- Begin to deal with.
- usage: "approach a task"; "go about a difficult problem"; "approach a new project"
- Come near in time.
- usage: "Winter is approaching"; "approaching old age"
- synonyms: come near
- Make advances to someone, usually with a proposal or suggestion.
- usage: "I was approached by the President to serve as his adviser in foreign matters"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). approach. Retrieved September 24, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/approach/definitions/1189817|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "approach" http://smartdefine.org/approach/definitions/1189817 (accessed September 24, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, approach, Smart Define, viewed 24 September, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/approach/definitions/1189817>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "approach" 23 October 2010. Web. 24 September 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/approach/definitions/1189817>|