- (v.t.) To cut squarely across, as the tail of a hors or the forelock of human beings; to cut (the hair).
- (n.) The short, front hair combed down over the forehead, especially when cut squarely across; a false front of hair similarly worn.
- (n.) A blow as with a club; a heavy blow.
- (n.) The sound produced by a sudden concussion.
- (n.) Alternative of Bangue.
- (v.t.) To beat, as with a club or cudgel; to treat with violence; to handle roughly.
- (v.i.) To make a loud noise, as if with a blow or succession of blows; as, the window blind banged and waked me; he was banging on the piano.
- (v.t.) To beat or thump or to cause ( something) to hit or strike against another object, in such a way as to make a loud noise; as, to bang a drum or a piano; to bang a door (against the doorpost or casing) in shutting it.
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
|APA||Webster's. (2011). bang. Retrieved March 26, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/bang/definitions/1978177|
|Chicago||Webster's. 2011. "bang" http://smartdefine.org/bang/definitions/1978177 (accessed March 26, 2019).|
|Harvard||Webster's 2011, bang, Smart Define, viewed 26 March, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/bang/definitions/1978177>.|
|MLA||Webster's. "bang" 27 May 2011. Web. 26 March 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/bang/definitions/1978177>|