- Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
- The quantity contained in a can.
- synonyms: canful
- A buoy with a round bottom and conical top.
- synonyms: can buoy
- The fleshy part of the human body that you sit on.
- usage: "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing"
- A plumbing fixture for defecation and urination.
- A room or building equipped with one or more toilets.
- Preserve in a can or tin.
- usage: "tinned foods are not very tasty"
- Terminate the employment of; discharge from an office or position.
- usage: "The boss fired his secretary today"; "The company terminated 25% of its workers"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). can. Retrieved February 22, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/can/definitions/1202251|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "can" http://smartdefine.org/can/definitions/1202251 (accessed February 22, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, can, Smart Define, viewed 22 February, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/can/definitions/1202251>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "can" 23 October 2010. Web. 22 February 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/can/definitions/1202251>|