- Electronics) a nonlinear electronic circuit whose output is limited in amplitude; used to limit the instantaneous amplitude of a waveform (to clip off the peaks of a waveform. ()
- usage: "a limiter introduces amplitude distortion"
- synonyms: limiter
- A fast sailing ship used in former times.
- synonyms: clipper ship
- Shears for cutting grass or shrubbery (often used in the plural. )
- Scissors for cutting hair or finger nails (often used in the plural. ).
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). clipper. Retrieved August 17, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/clipper/definitions/1202703|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "clipper" http://smartdefine.org/clipper/definitions/1202703 (accessed August 17, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, clipper, Smart Define, viewed 17 August, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/clipper/definitions/1202703>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "clipper" 23 October 2010. Web. 17 August 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/clipper/definitions/1202703>|