- Feline mammal usually having thick soft fur and no ability to roar: domestic cats; wildcats.
- synonyms: true cat
- An informal term for a youth or man.
- usage: "a nice guy"; "the guy's only doing it for some doll"
- A spiteful woman gossip.
- usage: "what a cat she is"
- The leaves of the shrub Catha edulis which are chewed like tobacco or used to make tea; has the effect of a euphoric stimulant.
- usage: "in Yemen kat is used daily by 85% of adults"
- A whip with nine knotted cords.
- usage: "British sailors feared the cat"
- synonyms: cat-o'-nine-tails
- A large tracked vehicle that is propelled by two endless metal belts; frequently used for moving earth in construction and farm work.
- synonyms: Caterpillar
- Any of several large cats typically able to roar and living in the wild.
- synonyms: big cat
- A method of examining body organs by scanning them with X rays and using a computer to construct a series of cross-sectional scans along a single axis.
- Beat with a cat-o'-nine-tails.
- Eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth.
- usage: "After drinking too much, the students vomited"; "He purged continuously"; "The patient regurgitated the food we gave him last night"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). cat. Retrieved April 24, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/cat/definitions/1322453|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "cat" http://smartdefine.org/cat/definitions/1322453 (accessed April 24, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, cat, Smart Define, viewed 24 April, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/cat/definitions/1322453>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "cat" 23 October 2010. Web. 24 April 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/cat/definitions/1322453>|