- Profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger.
- usage: "expletives were deleted"
- An appeal to some supernatural power to inflict evil on someone or some group.
- An evil spell.
- usage: "a witch put a curse on his whole family"; "he put the whammy on me"
- Something causing misery or death.
- usage: "the bane of my life"
- A severe affliction.
- synonyms: torment
- Utter obscenities or profanities.
- usage: "The drunken men were cursing loudly in the street"
- Heap obscenities upon.
- usage: "The taxi driver who felt he didn't get a high enough tip cursed the passenger"
- Wish harm upon; invoke evil upon.
- usage: "The bad witch cursed the child"
- Exclude from a church or a religious community.
- usage: "The gay priest was excommunicated when he married his partner"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). curse. Retrieved October 18, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/curse/definitions/1219002|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "curse" http://smartdefine.org/curse/definitions/1219002 (accessed October 18, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, curse, Smart Define, viewed 18 October, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/curse/definitions/1219002>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "curse" 23 October 2010. Web. 18 October 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/curse/definitions/1219002>|