- The trace of a point whose direction of motion changes.
- synonyms: curved shape
- A line on a graph representing data.
- A pitch of a baseball that is thrown with spin so that its path curves as it approaches the batter.
- The property possessed by the curving of a line or surface.
- synonyms: curvature
- Curved segment (of a road or river or railroad track etc..
- synonyms: bend
- Turn sharply; change direction abruptly.
- usage: "The car cut to the left at the intersection"; "The motorbike veered to the right"
- Extend in curves and turns.
- usage: "The road winds around the lake"; "the path twisted through the forest"
- Form an arch or curve.
- usage: "her back arches"; "her hips curve nicely"
- Bend or cause to bend.
- usage: "He crooked his index finger"; "the road curved sharply"
- synonyms: crook
- Form a curl, curve, or kink.
- usage: "the cigar smoke curled up at the ceiling"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). curve. Retrieved February 17, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/curve/definitions/1189017|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "curve" http://smartdefine.org/curve/definitions/1189017 (accessed February 17, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, curve, Smart Define, viewed 17 February, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/curve/definitions/1189017>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "curve" 23 October 2010. Web. 17 February 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/curve/definitions/1189017>|