- An army unit large enough to sustain combat.
- usage: "two infantry divisions were held in reserve"
- One of the portions into which something is regarded as divided and which together constitute a whole.
- usage: "the written part of the exam"; "the finance section of the company"; "the BBC's engineering division"
- The act or process of dividing.
- An administrative unit in government or business.
- Discord that splits a group.
- synonyms: variance
- A league ranked by quality.
- usage: "he played baseball in class D for two years"; "Princeton is in the NCAA Division 1-AA"
- synonyms: class
- Biology) a group of organisms forming a subdivision of a larger category. (
- Botany) taxonomic unit of plants corresponding to a phylum. (
- A unit of the United States Air Force usually comprising two or more wings.
- synonyms: air division
- A group of ships of similar type.
- synonyms: naval division
- An arithmetic operation that is the inverse of multiplication; the quotient of two numbers is computed.
- The act of dividing or partitioning; separation by the creation of a boundary that divides or keeps apart.
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). division. Retrieved September 26, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/division/definitions/1190260|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "division" http://smartdefine.org/division/definitions/1190260 (accessed September 26, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, division, Smart Define, viewed 26 September, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/division/definitions/1190260>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "division" 23 October 2010. Web. 26 September 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/division/definitions/1190260>|