- An imperfection in an object or machine.
- usage: "a flaw caused the crystal to shatter"; "if there are any defects you should send it back to the manufacturer"
- Defect or weakness in a person's character.
- usage: "he had his flaws, but he was great nonetheless"
- An imperfection in a plan or theory or legal document that causes it to fail or that reduces its effectiveness.
- Add a flaw or blemish to; make imperfect or defective.
- synonyms: blemish
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). flaw. Retrieved May 26, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/flaw/definitions/1247030|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "flaw" http://smartdefine.org/flaw/definitions/1247030 (accessed May 26, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, flaw, Smart Define, viewed 26 May, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/flaw/definitions/1247030>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "flaw" 23 October 2010. Web. 26 May 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/flaw/definitions/1247030>|