- A flaw or weak point.
- usage: "he was quick to point out his wife's failings"
- synonyms: failing
- Powerlessness revealed by an inability to act.
- usage: "in spite of their weakness the group remains active"
- The property of lacking physical or mental strength; liability to failure under pressure or stress or strain.
- usage: "his weakness increased as he became older"; "the weakness of the span was overlooked until it collapsed"
- The condition of being financially weak.
- usage: "the weakness of the dollar against the yen"
- A penchant for something even though it might not be good for you.
- usage: "he has a weakness for chocolate"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). weakness. Retrieved February 17, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/weakness/definitions/1211408|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "weakness" http://smartdefine.org/weakness/definitions/1211408 (accessed February 17, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, weakness, Smart Define, viewed 17 February, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/weakness/definitions/1211408>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "weakness" 23 October 2010. Web. 17 February 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/weakness/definitions/1211408>|