- A man distinguished by exceptional courage and nobility and strength.
- usage: "RAF pilots were the heroes of the Battle of Britain"
- The principal character in a play or movie or novel or poem.
- Someone who fights for a cause.
- Greek mathematician and inventor who devised a way to determine the area of a triangle and who described various mechanical devices (first century.
- Classical mythology. ( a being of great strength and courage celebrated for bold exploits; often the offspring of a mortal and a god)
- Greek mythology. ( priestess of Aphrodite who killed herself when her lover Leander drowned while trying to swim the Hellespont to see her)
- A large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments); different names are used in different sections of the United States.
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). hero. Retrieved May 26, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/hero/definitions/1324407|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "hero" http://smartdefine.org/hero/definitions/1324407 (accessed May 26, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, hero, Smart Define, viewed 26 May, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/hero/definitions/1324407>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "hero" 23 October 2010. Web. 26 May 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/hero/definitions/1324407>|