- (a.) Chaste; faithful; virtuous.
- (a.) To adorn; to grace; to honor; to make becoming, appropriate or honorable.
- (a.) Characterized by integrity or fairness and straight/forwardness in conduct, thought, speech, etc.; upright; just; equitable; trustworthy; truthful; sincere; free from fraud, guile or duplicity; not false; -- said of persons and acts, and of things to which a moral quality is imputed; as, an honest judge or merchant; an honest statement; an honest bargain; an honest business; an honest book; an honest confession.
- (a.) Decent; honorable; suitable; becoming.
- (a.) Open; frank; as, an honest countenance.
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
|APA||Webster's. (2011). honest. Retrieved February 23, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/honest/definitions/2017208|
|Chicago||Webster's. 2011. "honest" http://smartdefine.org/honest/definitions/2017208 (accessed February 23, 2019).|
|Harvard||Webster's 2011, honest, Smart Define, viewed 23 February, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/honest/definitions/2017208>.|
|MLA||Webster's. "honest" 27 May 2011. Web. 23 February 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/honest/definitions/2017208>|