- Any physical damage to the body caused by violence or accident or fracture etc..
- Psychological suffering.
- usage: "the death of his wife caused him great distress"
- Feelings of mental or physical pain.
- synonyms: suffering
- A damage or loss.
- synonyms: detriment
- The act of damaging something or someone.
- Be the source of pain.
- Give trouble or pain to.
- usage: "This exercise will hurt your back"
- Cause emotional anguish or make miserable.
- usage: "It pains me to see my children not being taught well in school"
- Cause damage or affect negatively.
- usage: "Our business was hurt by the new competition"
- synonyms: injure
- Hurt the feelings of.
- usage: "She hurt me when she did not include me among her guests"; "This remark really bruised my ego"
- Feel physical pain.
- usage: "Were you hurting after the accident"
- Feel pain or be in pain.
- synonyms: suffer
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). hurt. Retrieved October 17, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/hurt/definitions/1175907|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "hurt" http://smartdefine.org/hurt/definitions/1175907 (accessed October 17, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, hurt, Smart Define, viewed 17 October, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/hurt/definitions/1175907>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "hurt" 23 October 2010. Web. 17 October 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/hurt/definitions/1175907>|