- A device that requires skill for proper use.
- The means whereby some act is accomplished.
- usage: "my greed was the instrument of my destruction"; "science has given us new tools to fight disease"
- synonyms: tool
- A person used by another to gain an end.
- Law) a document that states some contractual relationship or grants some right.
- The semantic role of the entity (usually inanimate) that the agent uses to perform an action or start a process.
- synonyms: instrumental role
- Any of various devices or contrivances that can be used to produce musical tones or sounds.
- synonyms: musical instrument
- Equip with instruments for measuring, recording, or controlling.
- Write an instrumental score for.
- synonyms: instrumentate
- Address a legal document to. .
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). instrument. Retrieved February 23, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/instrument/definitions/1189332|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "instrument" http://smartdefine.org/instrument/definitions/1189332 (accessed February 23, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, instrument, Smart Define, viewed 23 February, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/instrument/definitions/1189332>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "instrument" 23 October 2010. Web. 23 February 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/instrument/definitions/1189332>|