- The act of terminating a life.
- The destruction of an enemy plane or ship or tank or missile.
- usage: "the pilot reported two kills during the mission"
- Cause to die; put to death, usually intentionally or knowingly.
- usage: "This man killed several people when he tried to rob a bank"; "The farmer killed a pig for the holidays"
- Thwart the passage of.
- usage: "kill a motion"; "he shot down the student's proposal"
- End or extinguish by forceful means.
- usage: "Stamp out poverty"
- synonyms: stamp out
- Be fatal.
- usage: "cigarettes kill"; "drunken driving kills"
- Be the source of great pain for.
- usage: "These new shoes are killing me"
- Overwhelm with hilarity, pleasure, or admiration.
- usage: "The comedian was so funny, he was killing me"
- Hit with so much force as to make a return impossible, in racket games.
- usage: "She killed the ball"
- Hit with great force.
- usage: "He killed the ball"
- Deprive of life.
- usage: "AIDS has killed thousands in Africa"
- Cause the death of, without intention.
- usage: "She was killed in the collision of three cars"
- Drink down entirely.
- usage: "He downed three martinis before dinner"; "She killed a bottle of brandy that night"; "They popped a few beer after work"
- Mark for deletion, rub off, or erase.
- usage: "kill these lines in the President's speech"
- Tire out completely.
- usage: "The daily stress of her work is killing her"
- Cause to cease operating.
- usage: "kill the engine"
- Destroy a vitally essential quality of or in.
- usage: "Eating artichokes kills the taste of all other foods"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). kill. Retrieved January 16, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/kill/definitions/1189525|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "kill" http://smartdefine.org/kill/definitions/1189525 (accessed January 16, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, kill, Smart Define, viewed 16 January, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/kill/definitions/1189525>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "kill" 23 October 2010. Web. 16 January 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/kill/definitions/1189525>|