- A brutal terrorist group active in Kashmir; fights against India with the goal of restoring Islamic rule of India.
- usage: "Lashkar-e-Toiba has committed mass murders of civilian Hindus"
- A serve that strikes the net before falling into the receiver's court; the ball must be served again.
- synonyms: net ball
- Make it possible through a specific action or lack of action for something to happen.
- usage: "This permits the water to rush in"; "This sealed door won't allow the water come into the basement"; "This will permit the rain to run off"
- Actively cause something to happen.
- usage: "I let it be known that I was not interested"
- Consent to, give permission.
- usage: "She permitted her son to visit her estranged husband"; "I won't let the police search her basement"; "I cannot allow you to see your exam"
- Cause to move; cause to be in a certain position or condition.
- usage: "He got his squad on the ball"; "This let me in for a big surprise"; "He got a girl into trouble"
- Leave unchanged.
- usage: "let it be"
- Grant use or occupation of under a term of contract.
- usage: "I am leasing my country estate to some foreigners"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). let. Retrieved February 17, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/let/definitions/1191077|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "let" http://smartdefine.org/let/definitions/1191077 (accessed February 17, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, let, Smart Define, viewed 17 February, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/let/definitions/1191077>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "let" 23 October 2010. Web. 17 February 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/let/definitions/1191077>|