- The greatest possible degree of something.
- usage: "what he did was beyond the bounds of acceptable behavior"; "to the limit of his ability"
- Final or latest limiting point.
- As far as something can go.
- The boundary of a specific area.
- The mathematical value toward which a function goes as the independent variable approaches infinity.
- The greatest amount of something that is possible or allowed.
- usage: "there are limits on the amount you can bet"; "it is growing rapidly with no limitation in sight"
- synonyms: limitation
- Place limits on (extent or access. )
- usage: "restrict the use of this parking lot"; "limit the time you can spend with your friends"
- (v.) ()
- Decide upon or fix definitely.
- usage: "fix the variables"; "specify the parameters"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). limit. Retrieved March 21, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/limit/definitions/1211680|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "limit" http://smartdefine.org/limit/definitions/1211680 (accessed March 21, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, limit, Smart Define, viewed 21 March, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/limit/definitions/1211680>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "limit" 23 October 2010. Web. 21 March 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/limit/definitions/1211680>|