- A small contrasting part of something.
- usage: "a bald spot"; "a leopard's spots"; "a patch of clouds"; "patches of thin ice"; "a fleck of red"
- A small area of ground covered by specific vegetation.
- usage: "a bean plot"; "a cabbage patch"; "a briar patch"
- A piece of cloth used as decoration or to mend or cover a hole.
- A period of indeterminate length (usually short) marked by some action or condition.
- usage: "he was here for a little while"; "I need to rest for a piece"; "a spell of good weather"; "a patch of bad weather"
- A short set of commands to correct a bug in a computer program.
- A connection intended to be used for a limited time.
- synonyms: temporary hookup
- Sewing that repairs a worn or torn hole (especially in a garment. )
- usage: "her stockings had several mends"
- A protective cloth covering for an injured eye.
- synonyms: eyepatch
- A piece of soft material that covers and protects an injured part of the body.
- synonyms: bandage
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). patch. Retrieved April 23, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/patch/definitions/1206589|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "patch" http://smartdefine.org/patch/definitions/1206589 (accessed April 23, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, patch, Smart Define, viewed 23 April, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/patch/definitions/1206589>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "patch" 23 October 2010. Web. 23 April 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/patch/definitions/1206589>|