- Directions prescribed beforehand; the action of prescribing authoritative rules or directions.
- usage: "I tried to follow her prescription for success"
- A drug that is available only with written instructions from a doctor or dentist to a pharmacist.
- usage: "he told the doctor that he had been taking his prescription regularly"
- Written instructions for an optician on the lenses for a given person.
- Written instructions from a physician or dentist to a druggist concerning the form and dosage of a drug to be issued to a given patient.
- Available only with a doctor's written prescription.
- usage: "a prescription drug"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). prescription. Retrieved April 22, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/prescription/definitions/1181295|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "prescription" http://smartdefine.org/prescription/definitions/1181295 (accessed April 22, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, prescription, Smart Define, viewed 22 April, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/prescription/definitions/1181295>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "prescription" 23 October 2010. Web. 22 April 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/prescription/definitions/1181295>|