- The trait of being resolute.
- usage: "his resoluteness carried him through the battle"; "it was his unshakeable resolution to finish the work"
- A formal expression by a meeting; agreed to by a vote.
- Bring to an end; settle conclusively.
- usage: "The case was decided"; "The judge decided the case in favor of the plaintiff"; "The father adjudicated when the sons were quarreling over their inheritance"
- Reach a conclusion after a discussion or deliberation.
- synonyms: conclude
- Reach a decision.
- usage: "he resolved never to drink again"
- synonyms: purpose
- Understand the meaning of.
- usage: "The question concerning the meaning of life cannot be answered"
- synonyms: answer
- Make clearly visible.
- usage: "can this image be resolved"
- Find the solution.
- usage: "solve an equation"; "solve for x"
- synonyms: solve
- Cause to go into a solution.
- usage: "The recipe says that we should dissolve a cup of sugar in two cups of water"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). resolve. Retrieved January 22, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/resolve/definitions/1306478|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "resolve" http://smartdefine.org/resolve/definitions/1306478 (accessed January 22, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, resolve, Smart Define, viewed 22 January, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/resolve/definitions/1306478>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "resolve" 23 October 2010. Web. 22 January 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/resolve/definitions/1306478>|