- A formal expression by a meeting; agreed to by a vote.
- The ability of a microscope or telescope to measure the angular separation of images that are close together.
- synonyms: resolving power
- The trait of being resolute.
- usage: "his resoluteness carried him through the battle"; "it was his unshakeable resolution to finish the work"
- Finding a solution to a problem.
- synonyms: solving
- Something settled or resolved; the outcome of decision making.
- usage: "they finally reached a settlement with the union"; "they never did achieve a final resolution of their differences"; "he needed to grieve before he could achieve a sense of closure"
- Analysis into clear-cut components.
- synonyms: resolving
- Computer science. ( the number of pixels per square inch on a computer-generated display; the greater the resolution, the better the picture)
- The subsidence of swelling or other signs of inflammation (especially in a lung. )
- Music) a dissonant chord is followed by a consonant chord. (
- A statement that solves a problem or explains how to solve the problem.
- usage: "they were trying to find a peaceful solution"; "the answers were in the back of the book"; "he computed the result to four decimal places"
- A decision to do something or to behave in a certain manner.
- usage: "he always wrote down his New Year's resolutions"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). resolution. Retrieved April 22, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/resolution/definitions/1189246|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "resolution" http://smartdefine.org/resolution/definitions/1189246 (accessed April 22, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, resolution, Smart Define, viewed 22 April, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/resolution/definitions/1189246>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "resolution" 23 October 2010. Web. 22 April 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/resolution/definitions/1189246>|