- A result.
- usage: "this situation developed in response to events in Africa"
- A bodily process occurring due to the effect of some antecedent stimulus or agent.
- usage: "a bad reaction to the medicine"; "his responses have slowed with age"
- synonyms: reaction
- A statement (either spoken or written) that is made to reply to a question or request or criticism or accusation.
- usage: "I waited several days for his answer"; "he wrote replies to several of his critics"
- The manner in which something is greeted.
- usage: "she did not expect the cold reception she received from her superiors"
- synonyms: reception
- A phrase recited or sung by the congregation following a versicle by the priest or minister.
- The speech act of continuing a conversational exchange.
- usage: "he growled his reply"
- synonyms: reply
- The manner in which an electrical or mechanical device responds to an input signal or a range of input signals. .
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). response. Retrieved September 26, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/response/definitions/1323598|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "response" http://smartdefine.org/response/definitions/1323598 (accessed September 26, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, response, Smart Define, viewed 26 September, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/response/definitions/1323598>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "response" 23 October 2010. Web. 26 September 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/response/definitions/1323598>|