- The state of lacking unity.
- Coming apart.
- The distance between things.
- usage: "fragile items require separation and cushioning"
- synonyms: interval
- Sorting one thing from others.
- usage: "the separation of wheat from chaff"; "the separation of mail by postal zones"
- The social act of separating or parting company.
- usage: "the separation of church and state"
- The space where a division or parting occurs.
- usage: "he hid in the separation between walls"
- The termination of employment (by resignation or dismissal. )
- Law) the cessation of cohabitation of man and wife (either by mutual agreement or under a court order. ()
- synonyms: legal separation
- The act of dividing or disconnecting. .
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). separation. Retrieved April 20, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/separation/definitions/1190252|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "separation" http://smartdefine.org/separation/definitions/1190252 (accessed April 20, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, separation, Smart Define, viewed 20 April, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/separation/definitions/1190252>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "separation" 23 October 2010. Web. 20 April 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/separation/definitions/1190252>|