- Music) a curved line spanning notes that are to be played legato. (
- A disparaging remark.
- usage: "in the 19th century any reference to female sexuality was considered a vile aspersion"; "it is difficult for a woman to understand a man's sensitivity to any slur on his virility"
- synonyms: aspersion
- A blemish made by dirt.
- usage: "he had a smudge on his cheek"
- Play smoothly or legato.
- usage: "the pianist slurred the most beautiful passage in the sonata"
- Speak disparagingly of; e. G., make a racial slur.
- usage: "your comments are slurring your co-workers"
- Utter indistinctly.
- Become vague or indistinct.
- usage: "The distinction between the two theories blurred"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). slur. Retrieved February 23, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/slur/definitions/1217853|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "slur" http://smartdefine.org/slur/definitions/1217853 (accessed February 23, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, slur, Smart Define, viewed 23 February, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/slur/definitions/1217853>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "slur" 23 October 2010. Web. 23 February 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/slur/definitions/1217853>|