- A reference point to shoot at.
- usage: "his arrow hit the mark"
- synonyms: mark
- A person who is the aim of an attack (especially a victim of ridicule or exploitation) by some hostile person or influence.
- usage: "he fell prey to muggers"; "everyone was fair game"; "the target of a manhunt"
- The location of the target that is to be hit.
- synonyms: target area
- Sports equipment consisting of an object set up for a marksman or archer to aim at.
- synonyms: butt
- The goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable. )
- usage: "the sole object of her trip was to see her children"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). target. Retrieved February 21, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/target/definitions/1208810|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "target" http://smartdefine.org/target/definitions/1208810 (accessed February 21, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, target, Smart Define, viewed 21 February, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/target/definitions/1208810>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "target" 23 October 2010. Web. 21 February 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/target/definitions/1208810>|