- The funds of a government or institution or individual.
- synonyms: exchequer
- The government department responsible for collecting and managing and spending public revenues.
- Negotiable debt obligations of the United States government which guarantees that interest and principal payments will be paid on time.
- synonyms: Treasury obligations
- The British cabinet minister responsible for economic strategy.
- synonyms: First Lord of the Treasury
- The federal department that collects revenue and administers federal finances; the Treasury Department was created in 1789.
- A depository (a room or building) where wealth and precious objects can be kept safely. .
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). treasury. Retrieved January 19, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/treasury/definitions/1232642|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "treasury" http://smartdefine.org/treasury/definitions/1232642 (accessed January 19, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, treasury, Smart Define, viewed 19 January, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/treasury/definitions/1232642>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "treasury" 23 October 2010. Web. 19 January 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/treasury/definitions/1232642>|