- Binary compound that occurs at room temperature as a clear colorless odorless tasteless liquid; freezes into ice below 0 degrees centigrade and boils above 100 degrees centigrade; widely used as a solvent.
- synonyms: H2O
- The part of the earth's surface covered with water (such as a river or lake or ocean. )
- usage: "they invaded our territorial waters"; "they were sitting by the water's edge"
- synonyms: body of water
- Once thought to be one of four elements composing the universe (Empedocles. )
- A facility that provides a source of water.
- usage: "the town debated the purification of the water supply"; "first you have to cut off the water"
- Liquid excretory product.
- usage: "there was blood in his urine"; "the child had to make water"
- A liquid necessary for the life of most animals and plants.
- usage: "he asked for a drink of water"
- Supply with water, as with channels or ditches or streams.
- usage: "Water the fields"
- synonyms: irrigate
- Provide with water.
- usage: "We watered the buffalo"
- Secrete or form water, as tears or saliva.
- usage: "My mouth watered at the prospect of a good dinner"; "His eyes watered"
- Fill with tears.
- usage: "His eyes were watering"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). water. Retrieved April 22, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/water/definitions/1222225|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "water" http://smartdefine.org/water/definitions/1222225 (accessed April 22, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, water, Smart Define, viewed 22 April, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/water/definitions/1222225>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "water" 23 October 2010. Web. 22 April 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/water/definitions/1222225>|