- An instrument with a handle and a flexible lash that is used for whipping.
- A legislator appointed by the party to enforce discipline.
- synonyms: party whip
- A dessert made of sugar and stiffly beaten egg whites or cream and usually flavored with fruit.
- Golf) the flexibility of the shaft of a golf club. (
- A quick blow delivered with a whip or whiplike object.
- usage: "the whip raised a red welt"
- Beat severely with a whip or rod.
- usage: "The teacher often flogged the students"; "The children were severely trounced"
- Defeat thoroughly.
- usage: "He mopped up the floor with his opponents"
- Thrash about flexibly in the manner of a whiplash.
- usage: "The tall grass whipped in the wind"
- Strike as if by whipping.
- usage: "The curtain whipped her face"
- synonyms: lash
- Whip with or as if with a wire whisk.
- usage: "whisk the eggs"
- synonyms: whisk
- Subject to harsh criticism.
- usage: "The Senator blistered the administration in his speech on Friday"; "the professor scaled the students"; "your invectives scorched the community"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). whip. Retrieved March 21, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/whip/definitions/1189154|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "whip" http://smartdefine.org/whip/definitions/1189154 (accessed March 21, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, whip, Smart Define, viewed 21 March, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/whip/definitions/1189154>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "whip" 23 October 2010. Web. 21 March 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/whip/definitions/1189154>|