- The hard fibrous lignified substance under the bark of trees.
- The trees and other plants in a large densely wooded area.
- United States film actress (1938-1981.
- synonyms: Natalie Wood
- English conductor (1869-1944.
- English writer of novels about murders and thefts and forgeries (1814-1887.
- United States painter noted for works based on life in the Midwest (1892-1942.
- synonyms: Grant Wood
- Any wind instrument other than the brass instruments.
- A golf club with a long shaft used to hit long shots; originally made with a wooden head.
- usage: "metal woods are now standard"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). wood. Retrieved April 26, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/wood/definitions/1235330|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "wood" http://smartdefine.org/wood/definitions/1235330 (accessed April 26, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, wood, Smart Define, viewed 26 April, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/wood/definitions/1235330>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "wood" 23 October 2010. Web. 26 April 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/wood/definitions/1235330>|