- (v.i.) To reach a point by progressive motion; to gain or compass an object by effort, practice, study, inquiry, reasoning or experiment.
- (v.i.) To come; said of time; as, the time arrived.
- (v.i.) To happen or occur.
- (n.) Arrival.
- (v.i.) To come to the shore or bank. In present usage: To come in progress by water or by traveling on land; to reach by water or by land; -- followed by at (formerly sometimes by to), also by in and from.
- (v.t.) To reach; to come to.
- (v.t.) To bring to shore.
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
|APA||Webster's. (2011). arrive. Retrieved May 26, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/arrive/definitions/1975995|
|Chicago||Webster's. 2011. "arrive" http://smartdefine.org/arrive/definitions/1975995 (accessed May 26, 2019).|
|Harvard||Webster's 2011, arrive, Smart Define, viewed 26 May, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/arrive/definitions/1975995>.|
|MLA||Webster's. "arrive" 27 May 2011. Web. 26 May 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/arrive/definitions/1975995>|