- Stock phrases that have become nonsense through endless repetition.
- synonyms: buzzword
- A slope in the turn of a road or track; the outside is higher than the inside in order to reduce the effects of centrifugal force.
- A characteristic language of a particular group (as among thieves. )
- usage: "they don't speak our lingo"
- Insincere talk about religion or morals.
- synonyms: pious platitude
- Two surfaces meeting at an angle different from 90 degrees.
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). cant. Retrieved February 23, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/cant/definitions/1219041|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "cant" http://smartdefine.org/cant/definitions/1219041 (accessed February 23, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, cant, Smart Define, viewed 23 February, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/cant/definitions/1219041>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "cant" 23 October 2010. Web. 23 February 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/cant/definitions/1219041>|