- A combat between two mounted knights tilting against each other with blunted lances.
- synonyms: joust
- A contentious speech act; a dispute where there is strong disagreement.
- usage: "they were involved in a violent argument"
- A slight but noticeable partiality.
- usage: "the court's tilt toward conservative rulings"
- The property possessed by a line or surface that departs from the vertical.
- usage: "the tower had a pronounced tilt"; "the ship developed a list to starboard"; "he walked with a heavy inclination to the right"
- Pitching dangerously to one side.
- To incline or bend from a vertical position.
- usage: "She leaned over the banister"
- Heel over.
- usage: "The tower is tilting"; "The ceiling is slanting"
- Move sideways or in an unsteady way.
- usage: "The ship careened out of control"
- Charge with a tilt. .
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). tilt. Retrieved April 22, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/tilt/definitions/1211503|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "tilt" http://smartdefine.org/tilt/definitions/1211503 (accessed April 22, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, tilt, Smart Define, viewed 22 April, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/tilt/definitions/1211503>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "tilt" 23 October 2010. Web. 22 April 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/tilt/definitions/1211503>|