- The feelings expressed on a person's face.
- usage: "a sad expression"; "a look of triumph"; "an angry face"
- Expression without words.
- usage: "tears are an expression of grief"; "the pulse is a reflection of the heart's condition"
- The communication (in speech or writing) of your beliefs or opinions.
- usage: "expressions of good will"; "he helped me find verbal expression for my ideas"; "the idea was immediate but the verbalism took hours"
- A word or phrase that particular people use in particular situations.
- usage: "pardon the expression"
- The style of expressing yourself.
- usage: "he suggested a better formulation"; "his manner of expression showed how much he cared"
- synonyms: formulation
- A group of symbols that make a mathematical statement.
- synonyms: formula
- Genetics) the process of expressing a gene. (
- A group of words that form a constituent of a sentence and are considered as a single unit.
- usage: "I concluded from his awkward constructions that he was a foreigner"
- The act of forcing something out by squeezing or pressing.
- usage: "the expression of milk from her breast"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). expression. Retrieved January 16, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/expression/definitions/1190148|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "expression" http://smartdefine.org/expression/definitions/1190148 (accessed January 16, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, expression, Smart Define, viewed 16 January, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/expression/definitions/1190148>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "expression" 23 October 2010. Web. 16 January 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/expression/definitions/1190148>|