- A group of symbols that make a mathematical statement.
- synonyms: expression
- Directions for making something.
- synonyms: recipe
- A conventionalized statement expressing some fundamental principle.
- A representation of a substance using symbols for its constituent elements.
- synonyms: chemical formula
- Something regarded as a normative example.
- usage: "the convention of not naming the main character"; "violence is the rule not the exception"; "his formula for impressing visitors"
- A liquid food for infants.
- Mathematics) a standard procedure for solving a class of mathematical problems. (
- usage: "he determined the upper bound with Descartes' rule of signs"; "he gave us a general formula for attacking polynomials"
- synonyms: rule
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). formula. Retrieved February 22, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/formula/definitions/1217416|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "formula" http://smartdefine.org/formula/definitions/1217416 (accessed February 22, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, formula, Smart Define, viewed 22 February, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/formula/definitions/1217416>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "formula" 23 October 2010. Web. 22 February 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/formula/definitions/1217416>|