- An intuitive awareness.
- usage: "he has a feel for animals" or "it's easy when you get the feel of it";
- The general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people.
- usage: "the feel of the city excited him"; "a clergyman improved the tone of the meeting"; "it had the smell of treason"
- A property perceived by touch.
- synonyms: tactile property
- Manual stimulation of the genital area for sexual pleasure.
- usage: "the girls hated it when he tried to sneak a feel"
- Undergo an emotional sensation or be in a particular state of mind.
- usage: "She felt resentful"; "He felt regret"
- synonyms: experience
- Come to believe on the basis of emotion, intuitions, or indefinite grounds.
- usage: "I feel that he doesn't like me"; "I find him to be obnoxious"; "I found the movie rather entertaining"
- synonyms: find
- Perceive by a physical sensation, e. G., coming from the skin or muscles.
- usage: "He felt the wind"; "She felt an object brushing her arm"; "He felt his flesh crawl"; "She felt the heat when she got out of the car"
- synonyms: sense
- Be conscious of a physical, mental, or emotional state.
- usage: "My cold is gone-I feel fine today"; "She felt tired after the long hike"; "She felt sad after her loss"
- Have a feeling or perception about oneself in reaction to someone's behavior or attitude.
- usage: "She felt small and insignificant"; "You make me feel naked"; "I made the students feel different about themselves"
- (v.) ()
- Be felt or perceived in a certain way.
- usage: "The ground feels shaky"; "The sheets feel soft"
- Grope or feel in search of something.
- usage: "He felt for his wallet"
- Examine by touch.
- usage: "Feel this soft cloth"; "The customer fingered the sweater"
- synonyms: finger
- Examine (a body part) by palpation.
- usage: "The nurse palpated the patient's stomach"; "The runner felt her pulse"
- synonyms: palpate
- Find by testing or cautious exploration.
- usage: "He felt his way around the dark room"
- Produce a certain impression.
- usage: "It feels nice to be home again"
- Pass one's hands over the sexual organs of.
- usage: "He felt the girl in the movie theater"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). feel. Retrieved April 23, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/feel/definitions/1192377|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "feel" http://smartdefine.org/feel/definitions/1192377 (accessed April 23, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, feel, Smart Define, viewed 23 April, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/feel/definitions/1192377>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "feel" 23 October 2010. Web. 23 April 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/feel/definitions/1192377>|