- A period of time spent in military service.
- The state of inactivity following an interruption.
- usage: "the negotiations were in arrest"; "held them in check"; "during the halt he got some lunch"; "the momentary stay enabled him to escape the blow"; "he spent the entire stop in his seat"
- An unforeseen obstacle.
- A connection between a vehicle and the load that it pulls.
- A knot that can be undone by pulling against the strain that holds it; a temporary knot.
- Any obstruction that impedes or is burdensome.
- The uneven manner of walking that results from an injured leg.
- To hook or entangle.
- usage: "One foot caught in the stirrup"
- synonyms: catch
- Walk impeded by some physical limitation or injury.
- usage: "The old woman hobbles down to the store every day"
- Jump vertically, with legs stiff and back arched.
- usage: "the yung filly bucked"
- Travel by getting free rides from motorists.
- (v.) ().
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). hitch. Retrieved February 23, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/hitch/definitions/1189840|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "hitch" http://smartdefine.org/hitch/definitions/1189840 (accessed February 23, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, hitch, Smart Define, viewed 23 February, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/hitch/definitions/1189840>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "hitch" 23 October 2010. Web. 23 February 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/hitch/definitions/1189840>|